Advanced Standing Exams are administered during Final Exams week.
Please notice that requests for advanced standing exams will be accepted for consideration only if received no later than two weeks prior to the final exam period in a given term. For Spring 2018, the deadline for requesting an advanced standing exam is on Thursday April 12th. For Summer 2018, the deadline is Thursday July 12th. For Fall 2018, the deadline is Wednesday November 22th. Your request will be evaluated by the Math Academic Office.
See the Registrar's page information to find the appropriate form at:
Email the Academic Office with questions or concerns. You may bring the form to Skiles 125, or email it as an attachment to academics at math.gatech.edu.
- DO NOT pay until you get permission from the Math Academic Office to take the exam.
- A student cannot take an advanced standing exam if he/she has taken the course at Georgia Tech and made a D or failed it.
- A student must be in good standing at the request date and at the exam date.
- A student could not be enrolled in the course for which the exam is requested for more than 1 week.
- Advanced Standing exams are not given for MATH 2106, 3406 or for 4000-level Math courses.