Please note: UTA/ULA positions are only open to undergraduate students.
Part I: Materials
Please fill out the on-line application form (item #1 below), and then return the remainder of your completed application package (items #2-4) to the Academic Office in Skiles 125 or by email to email@example.com by 4:00 pm on Wednesday, January 25, 2017. All applications must include the following items:
- Application form
- A one-page resume (you may e-mail your resume to the TA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "UTA Application")
- Completed problem set (your WRITTEN solutions may be turned in to the Math office, or scanned and emailed to email@example.com with the subject line "UTA Application")
- Permission slips for the Dean of Students office (your signed forms must be handed in to the Math office, or scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "UTA Application")
- Letter of recommendation (will arrive separately from your packet from your reference; please select a reference from the Georgia Tech faculty or staff, not a student/TA)
Your application will be reviewed by the UTA Selection Committee. Applicants will be selected for the interview process based on all the above materials, with special emphasis on the problem set score, math courses completed, current GPA, and faculty recommendation.
Part II: Interview Process
If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified in late January to early February. You will then be given instructions on how to sign up for your interview. Please note: submitting an application does not guarantee an interview.
Interviews will be with the TA Coordinator and at least one math TA. Please arrive at the interview five minutes early. If another applicant is still in the room, please wait in the hallway.
The UTA/ULA selection will be done in two phases.
- Early Decision Phase - A few strong candidates will be offered the position by May 5.
- Regular Decision Phase - Since new freshmen will not register until summer FASET, most UTA/ULA applicants will not be notified about the status of the applications until late July or early August.
If you have questions, please come to one of our Q/A sessions:
- Session 1: Thursday, January 12, 11:15-11:45 AM, Skiles 202
- Session 2: Thursday, January 19, 11:15-11:45 AM, Skiles 202
Or, for additional information, please contact the TA Coordinator at email@example.com.
** Please note: If you interviewed with us last year and did not teach for us, you will have to go through the application process again.
*** If you have previously taught for us but you are not a current TA, you do not have to go through the application process again. Please contact the TA Coordinator if you wish to return next semester.