Please note: UTA positions are only open to undergraduate students.
Part I: Materials
To apply for a UTA position, join the t-square page: 2018 UTA Applications.
To join a t-square site, on your main site "My Workspace," go to the "Membership" link. Click the "Joinable Sites" tab on the top of the page and search for our t-square site.
Upload your completed application package (items #1-3) to your dropbox on the t-square site no later than 11:59 pm on Thursday, February 1, 2018. Recommendation letters must come directly from your references. All applications must include the following items:
- A one-page resume
- Completed problem set
- Permission slips for the Dean of Students office
- Two letters of recommendation (will arrive separately from your packet from your references). References should be from former professors or job supervisors; recommendations from students (PLs, TAs, etc.) will not be accepted. One reference must be from a Georgia Tech faculty or staff member. The reference does not have to be from the School of Mathematics.
Your application will be reviewed by the UTA Selection Committee. Applicants will be selected for the interview process based on all the above materials, with special emphasis on the problem set score, math courses completed, current GPA, and faculty recommendation.
Part II: Interview Process
If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified in February. You will then be given instructions on how to sign up for your interview. Please note: submitting an application does not guarantee an interview.
Interviews will be with the TA Coordinator and at least one math TA. Please arrive at the interview five minutes early. If another applicant is still in the room, please wait in the hallway.
The UTA selection will be done in two phases.
- Early Decision Phase - A few strong candidates will be offered the position by May 7.
- Regular Decision Phase - Since new freshmen will not register until summer FASET, most UTA applicants will not be notified about the status of the applications until late July or early August.
If you have questions, please come to one of our Q/A sessions:
- Session 1: Tuesday, January 23, 11:10-11:40 AM, Skiles 202 (Note: date changed due to hazardous weather conditions.)
- Session 2: Wednesday, January 24, 1:15-1:45 PM, Skiles 202
Or, for additional information, please contact the TA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please note: If you interviewed with us last year and did not teach for us, you will have to go through the application process again.
*** If you have previously taught for us but you are not a current TA, you do not have to go through the application process again. Please contact the TA Coordinator if you wish to return next semester.