This course includes topics on professional development and responsible conduct of research. The course satisfies the GT RCR Academic Policy for Doctoral Students to complete in-person RCR training.
Krantz, Steven G., A mathematician's survival guide: Graduate school and early career development, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 2003, pp. xvi+222, ISBN: 0-8218-3455-X.
- Mathematical writing, Latex
- Grant writing and where to apply, NSF Graduate Fellowships
- The publishing process
- Creating a professional web page
- Creating and delivering research presentations
- Getting the most out of seminars and colloquia
- Understanding academics jobs, applying for jobs and the hiring process
- Developing your CV
- Professional Ethics
- Responsible Conduct of Research
(This course will fulfill graduate students in person RCR training requirement.)