Part Time Employment for Active Students
- Graduate TA (Math Graduate students only)
- Undergraduate TA
- GT Non-Workstudy Jobs
- Student Worker (Hired on an as-needed basis)
Faculty Employment Opportunities
School of Mathematics, Georgia Tech: Research Admin Manager (grant-funded)
The School of Mathematics at the Georgia Institute of Technology invites applications for a Research Administrative Manager position in mathematics, with an anticipated start date in July – August 2018. This position is a 75% staff appointment, and is subject to an annual evaluation. The Research Administrative Manager will support the Southeast Center for Mathematics and Biology (SCMB), a new research center headquartered at Georgia Tech and funded under the NSF-Simons Mathematics of Complex Biosystems (MathBioSys) initiative.
Georgia Tech has recently adapted its Research Administrative Manager appointments in alignment with its commitment to high quality education and training at all levels. For candidates who aspire to excellence and leadership, this position has the potential for renewal for 4 additional years.
The role of the SCMB Research Administrative Manager is vital to the Center’s mission and success. The SCMB grant is hosted by the Georgia Institute of Technology in collaboration with a range of university and national laboratory partners. SCMB’s mission is to connect mathematical theory with biological data. Because effecting the long-term impacts relies not only on the research we do today but how we train the researchers of tomorrow, the SCMB has a strong training component for graduate students, postdocs and undergraduates. Students will engage in collaborative research, and they will gain transdisciplinary training that will develop them into unique researchers who are confident in working across disciplinary boundaries.
The SCMB Research Administrative Manager in the School of Mathematics will have the assigned duties:
- primary responsibility for the organization and administration of SCMB educational outreach programs at Georgia Tech;
- support the SCMB Postdoctoral Training and Graduate Training Programs, with particular attention to professional development activities;
- assist with planning and executing the SCMB convening research activities at Georgia Tech;
- liaison and resource for the partner institutions with respect to their own educational outreach and convening research activities;
- facilitate intra-center collaborations by managing online working seminars;
- coordinate with the assessment consultant, and facilitate assessment administration;
- collate and summarize information collected through assessment and internal reporting;
- assist in writing internal and external reports;
- work with staff to coordinate and oversee event management;
- work with the School’s finance team on SCMB related budget concerns, review monthly reports, and oversee Georgia Tech budgets’ for events as needed;
- maintain content on SCMB website, including regular newsfeed updates;
- work with staff to respond to inquiries via the SCMB email;
- other duties assigned in alignment with the Center’s needs and individuals’ strengths. This is likely to evolve together with future needs and priorities of the Center along with the School of Mathematics and of Georgia Tech. In keeping with the nature of these responsibilities, the assigned duties may involve occasion weekend and evening hours.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated strong roles with administrative tasks. Candidates will possess attention to detail, strong communication skills, and the ability to work well with faculty, staff, students, as well as the broader university community. Experience with technology in administration will be considered a plus. Two or more years of experience in a university environment, and a Ph.D. in mathematics or a related field, such as physics or computer science, is required for this position.
Applications should consist of:
- cover letter
- curriculum vitae
- names and contact information for three references
Applications should be submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Georgia Tech,an institution of the University System of Georgia, is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under federal law, each company that is a federal contractor or subcontractor is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans. Candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities are encouraged to apply.
With dynamic faculty, students and staff, the School continues to enhance its stimulating research and educational environments. Georgia Tech’s campus is located near midtown Atlanta, a city attracting talent from around the world with its culture, innovation, rich history, and Southern charm.