We are so glad you are thinking of adding a math minor!
The Minor in Mathematics consists of fulfilling the general Georgia Institute of Technology requirements for some degree (other than math, of course) and 15 hours chosen from MATH 2106 and Mathematics courses at the 3000 level or higher. MATH 2106 can be used toward the minor but in not required. The Math minor documents the student's in-depth knowledge of mathematics and analytical reasoning skills that the study of mathematics promotes.
- A maximum of 3 semester hours of Special Topics courses may be included in a minor program.
- A maximum of 3 semester hours of Undergraduate Research credit may be used to satisfy the course requirements for a minor.
- A maximum of 3 semester hours of credit earned by an Advanced Standing Examination may be used to satisfy the course requirements for a minor.
- No Special Problems or Internship coursework may be used.
- Courses must be completed on a letter grade mode. All courses used to satisfy the course requirements for a minor must be completed with a grade of C (2.00) or better.
- A maximum of 3 semester hours of transfer credit may be used to satisfy the course requirements for a minor. This includes courses taken at another institution or credit earned through the AP or IB program, assuming the scores meet Georgia Tech minimum standards.
- At most one of MATH 3215, 3225, 3235, 3670, and 3770 can be included in the minor. At most one of MATH 3406 and MATH 4305 can be included in the minor.
- The student must satisfy the general Institute requirements for a minor.
Please contact Dr. Hunter Lehmann to confirm that your courses will satisfy the minor requirements. Information on how to declare or change a minor is at Declare/Change Minor. The Projected Schedule of Undergraduate Mathematics courses is at Projected Schedule.