Change of Major

Change of Major - Mathematics MTH

Many students choose to change majors to Mathematics MTH. Others choose to keep their first major and add MTH as a second major. Students requesting a change of major or the addition of a second major must complete a Request for Change of Academic Major form. These forms are available in the Registrar's Office in Room 104 of the Tech Tower (Administration Building) and online at Change of Major form.

Students with less than 60 hours earned credit are allowed one unrestricted change of major.* After 60 hours or upon subsequent major changes, change of major requests listing MTH as the new major will be permitted if both of the following are met:

  • The student's GPA is 2.5 or higher.
  • The student's GPA for math courses is 2.8 or higher.

The "Change of Major" form requires approval from the School of Mathematics. See Dr. Hunter Lehmann (218C Skiles) for approval. You will need to schedule a meeting to discuss the major addition before signing the form.

In order for a "Change of Major" form to be processed, the form must be completed by the student, signed by all appropriate offices, and submitted to the Registrar's Office in room 104 of the Tech Tower (Administration Building). Upon submission, the form will be date stamped, signed, and a copy given to the student. Changes are generally made within 2 business days of submission. If Phase 2 registration for the term has ended, changes are not made for the current term, but are effective for the next term.

* A few majors may deny students requesting a change of major.

Questions? Contact Academic Office