About SIAM student chapters
Student chapters of the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) are organized at colleges and universities to encourage the promotion of applied mathematics and computational science to young mathematicians. Student chapters provide opportunities to share ideas, learn about careers in applied and computational mathematics, and develop networks with faculty and fellow students.
The GT SIAM student chapter
The Georgia Tech chapter organizes a weekly student seminar and organizes/takes part in a yearly conference involving the other student chapters of the Southeast.
GT SIAM student officers (2018-2019)
- President: Jiaqi Yang
- Vice President: Yian Yao
- Treasurer: Daniyar Omarov
- Secretary: Renyi Chen
- Faculty Advisor: Luca Dieci
PAST Southeast SIAM Student Conferences
- Spring 2019 (Organized by Longmei Shu, Jiaqi Yang, Renyi Chen, Yian Yao)
- Spring 2018 (Organized by Tongzhou Chen, John Dever, Longmei Shu, Jiaqi Yang)
- Spring 2017 (Organized by Tongzhou Chen, John Dever, Hagop Tossounian, Lei Zhang)
- Spring 2016 (Organized by Chenchen Mou, Hagop Tossounian, John Dever, Lei Zhang, Tongzhu Chen)
- Spring 2015 (Organized by Fabio Difonzo, Romeo Awi, Hagop Tossounian, Mikel de Viana)