Tech Topology Summer School
The first ever Tech Topology Summer School was run in Summer 2021, organized by Wade Bloomquist, John Etnyre, Jen Hom, Miriam Kuzbary, and Beibei Liu. There were over 200 registered participants and many of the talks had 100 or more people in attendance.
This will be a biennial summer school with each iteration focusing on a different area of modern topology.
The 2021 summer school focused on 4-manifold topology and ran from July 26 through July 30, 2021. The summer school was focused around three mini-courses given by
- Lisa Piccirillo (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- Aru Ray (Max-Planck-Institut für Mathematik in Bonn)
- András Stipsicz (Alfréd Rényi Institute of Mathematics)
There was also be a number of research talks given by
- Paul Melvin (Bryn Mawr)
- Allison Miller (Rice University)
- Maggie Miller (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- Sümeyra Sakalli (University of Arkansas)
- Hannah Schwartz (Princeton University)
Note: the summer school was held on-line.
See https://ttss.math.gatech.edu for the schedule and photos!