- Geometry Topology Student Seminar
- Wednesday, November 3, 2021 - 2:00pm for 1 hour (actually 50 minutes)
- Skiles 006 (also in BlueJeans)
- Daniel Minahan – Georgia Tech
- Roberta Shapiro and Weizhe Shen
Please Note: BlueJeans link: https://bluejeans.com/473141052/9784
Morse theory is a standard concept used in the study of manifolds. PL-Morse theory is a variant of Morse theory developed by Bestvina and Brady that is used to study simplicial complexes. We develop an extension of PL-Morse theory to simplicial complexes equipped with an action of a group G. We will discuss some of the basic ideas in this theory and hopefully sketch proofs of some forthcoming results pertaining to the homology of the Torelli group.