Advanced Standing Exams are administered during Final Exams week.
Please notice that requests for advanced standing exams will be accepted for consideration only if received no later than two weeks prior to the final exam period in a given term. For Summer 2019, the deadline for requesting an advanced standing exam is on Thursday, July 11th. For Fall 2019, the deadline is Thursday, November 21. For Spring 2020, the deadline is Thursday, April 9th. Your request will be evaluated by the Math Academic Office.
See the Registrar's page information to find the appropriate form at:
Email the Academic Office with questions or concerns. You may bring the form to Skiles 124/125, or email it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DO NOT pay until you get permission from the Math Academic Office to take the exam.
- A student cannot take an advanced standing exam if he/she has taken the course at Georgia Tech and made a D or failed it.
- A student must be in good standing at the request date and at the exam date.
- A student must currently be enrolled in classes at Georgia Tech during the term of the advanced standing exam.
- A student could not be enrolled in the course for which the exam is requested for more than 1 week.
- Advanced Standing exams are not given for MATH 2106, 3406 or for 4000-level Math courses.
- The MATH 1553 Advanced Standing exam will not satisfy the graduation requirements for a CS Degree.
- Students who have credit for MATH 1553 cannot take an Advanced Standing exam for MATH 1554.